Monday, March 7, 2011

Maple Glazed Salmon, Roasted Broccoli & life

Well I fell a little flat on the ingredients pics for the next few recipes but I have faith you can pull them all together anyways. This meal is an easy weeknight fix and has lots of flavor. The dill potatoes didn't turn out perfectly but I've adjusted the recipe and think it's worth trying again.

Dill Potatoes :

1/s bag of fingerling potatoes (find them right with all the other potatoes, in a small mesh bag)
2 Tbs butter
dill

Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pot with a lid - once melted, toss in the potatoes and close the lid and cook over med heat for 20 min - after they are fork tender, toss in a tsp of dill and stir - then replace the lid, turn off the heat and let them steam for a few more min.



Roasted Parmesan Broccoli :

This is totally my new favorite way to make broccoli!

Since I was making salmon too, I preheated to 350 (if you were just doing broccoli I would do 400 and save time)
drizzle EVOO on a baking sheet
place broccoli pieces on sheet and toss in oil
add salt, pepper, garlic salt and splash broccoli with lemon juice
roast until they look like this;



then sprinkle with parmesan and a bit more lemon juice yum!


Maple Glazed Salmon :

mix together :
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbs soy sauce
garlic salt

spread on 2 salmon filets and let them sit in the fridge for 30 min (or however long you have - if no time for sitting, no problem) Place the filets on foil in a baking pan - it will save you a headache!


stick them in the oven for 15 min and you're done!




Saturday night I got to go to one of my favorite meetings when planning events - a tasting! Ok, it's kind of lame to watch all the food get eaten but it's super exciting to see how pumped it gets everyone about the big day. We were at Hardscrabble which meant the food was a-ma-zing! After the tasting I stayed and had dinner with Amanda - here's a crappy iPhone pic of my meal - Jumbo Sea Scallops on Risotto!



Happy Monday! This week is crazy - meeting with 3 potential brides and then getting to see some brides in from out of town and it's topped off with Abbey's shower - sleep; what's that?

ALSO! Jon (after being at his new job a whole 6 weeks) is being promoted to Shop Supervisor - so that's super exciting for us and I can't wait for him to move on up in the company - he's a rockstar :)

See ya soon!

1 comment:

  1. You totally watched Barefoot Contessa lady on the Food Network a few Saturday's ago. And if you didn't... well freaky things are happening because I watched it while in Monett waiting on my MIL to return. I've been mildly obsessed with cooking fingerling potatoes and broccoli in any way I can conjure up ever since. Here's proof you have at least two readers: me and Ty. BTW- Tell Jon that G's hair doesn't look bad and let's try to see each other in 2011. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)